Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge

Now, normally, I don't participate in book challenges.  I read enough, and I read what I like. That was true until I started graduate school in January 2012.  Technically, 2015 is the first year since 2011 that I am not in graduate school.  For anyone starting graduate school over 40, you are already tired.  Add to this the fact that you are told what to read, and most of it is scholarly journal literature.  This equals a temporary paralysis in your normal reading.  It is easy to get out of the habit of reading for enjoyment.  Even if you are pursuing a Master's degree in LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE (See also:  the cobbler's children have no shoes...). Therefore, I have decided that to get myself back into the habit of reading for pleasure without guilt of an assignment hanging over my head, I will participate in a reading challenge for 2015.

I searched long and hard for the perfect reading challenge.  Ambitious, but not unreasonably demanding; thorough, yet still enjoyable.  The one that I like the most came from Popsugar.com.  I love Popsugar for a lot of things, but I never thought I'd find a booklist that I like on that particular site.  I have placed the link here if you want to download and come along with me on this ride.  I'd love to hear how you're doing in the comments section.  Please post liberally.

Popsugar 2015 Reading Challenge

Along with my other book-related chatter that you'll find here, I will also be keeping you up to date on how I'm meeting this challenge.  I'll be culling my own bookshelves, both real and virtual, for most of these.  I think this will be lots of fun.

I am working on the 2015 reading list for the first quarter.  Check back here on Friday to see what I've come up with.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment